Here is my lightning talk from Herbstcampus 2012, translated to English and with full screen slides and better audio quality. You also may be interested in my newsletter: Subscribe here.
If you enjoyed this video, you might also like the following blog posts:
- Scrum... But?: You should not use "Scrum But" as an excuse for not improving or not delivering.
- ScrumBut... and the long run: You should try to do scrum right anyway.
- Incremental development... of art: How one of my favorite artists, Daniel Lieske, develops his art in an incremental and iterative way.
- Cheap plastic drills: Why you should use good tools, even if they are expensive.
- Kitchen knives (and other tools): Some people at first don't recognize good tools because they are so used to bad ones.
- Deliberate Practice is Overrated: You can learn a craft on the job if you really want. Deliberate practice might help but is not necessary.