- I wish I had invented twitter: Ideas are worthless. Even the right idea at the right time is not necessarily enough.
- Interviews with software developers: People who created cool stuff. People who have achieved remarkable things. Programmers I look up to. Developers who have interesting stories to tell.
Software Development & Architecture
- Framework Design Principles: A mini series about framework and library design - or, more generally: Designing code for others.
- Simplicity: Simplify. Then simplify more. And: Don't let the code become complicated in the first place.
- Version Numbers: Why I don't like version numbers like "1.5.3" and what I use instead.
- Direct Call Pattern: Maybe the most important design pattern. A co-production of Oliver Szymanski and me.
- HTML5 canvas coordinates on the desktop vs. on the iPad: Example code - HTML 5 canvas coordinates in mouse events and touch events.
Scrum / Agile Development
- Cheap plastic drills: Most people think construction workers should have great tools. A lot of people think paying more than 1000 Euros for an office chair is a waste of money, even for a software developer who uses it 8 hours a day. Good tools are expensive.
- Developers testing their own code Some considerations about testing code
- It's about courage: About refactoring, and courage as an agile value in general
- Working on a side project (just for fun): A mini series of posts about how I organize work on projects that I do just for fun.
Conferences, Talks, ...
- Socrates 2012: My first open space, and maybe the best conference I have visited so far.
- Droidcon Berlin 2012 - Day 1 (Barcamp): Impressions from the first day of Droidcon Berlin, with the slides of my barcamp talk about "Framework Design Principles" (in English, but shorter than the Mathema Campus talk).
- Mathema Campus 2012: Impressions from the "Mathema Campus" and the slides of my talk about "Framework Design Principles" (in German).
- Slides Mathema Campus 2010: The slides for my talks at the Mathema Campus 2010 in Erlangen, Germany
- Slides Herbstcampus 2010 The slides from my presentations about "Acceptance test driven development" and "Architecture and design in agile projects".
- Agile Methods (JUG-ERN) A talk about agile development (includes the slides as PDF)