Better Software Design
Most of the code bases I have seen as a consultant in the past 10+ years had at least some problems with their designs and architectures. Some were actually quite good, with only minor problems. Others were at a point where developers could not do a good job anymore.
Join my Workshop: Clean Software Design & Clean Code to get better at software design.
Here are some articles I wrote about this topic:
- Simple Design Passes It's Tests Why you need tests to have a good software design.
- Boilerplate vs. Magic Boilerplate code can be a problem when writing new code, and sometimes when changing code. Magic can be a problem when reading code. You should strive to eliminate both.
- Smaller Steps Why you should work in smaller steps. And have a save point you can revert to when something goes wrong.
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Avoid SingletonsThe "Singleton Pattern" has no place in a modern software design. Do not use this pattern when designing software.
- Changes and Simplicity You will only have a system that is easy to change if your design is really simple.
- Well Crafted Code, Quality, Speed and Budget Well crafted code will ship faster, and here I explain why. This is basically the reason why you should always pay attention to the design and architecture of your software.
Even small problems in the design and architecture of a system can cost a ridiculous amount of money. So you should try to keep your design and architecture as clean as possible.
Want Me to Personally Help You?I can help you design software better - and thus save money. Here is a variety of services I provide, please choose the one that suits you best right now:
I help you to find problems and opportunities for improvement. We brainstorm solutions.
I work with your team on a regular basis, helping them to improve the software design themselves.
I teach your team the skills and techniques required to improve their software design.
I work with your team on a regular basis, and I take part in improving the software design.
Next Step: Book Free Skype ConsultingNow we should find out if working together would make sense for us. I want to talk to you about what I can do for you. I would like to have a 30 minute Hangout or Skype call with you, where we can talk about what you need and how I can help you.
...Or Start With A Question:
You are not sure yet whether you want to work with me or if I can help you? Start with asking a question. Any question, really...
Just send your questions to: Business@DavidTanzer.net