Say you are working with a team of 10 software developers. Every hour lost due to the small inefficiencies in your team costs you between 500 and 1000 Euros. Or even more, if you are in a high-wage area with high office space prices. And there’s always the risk of wasting a lot of time by not developing what your users want or by finding a high-impact defect. That’s why we want to become more agile and more effective. And that’s why you should work hard on removing and mitigating risk…
Here are some articles I wrote about this topic:
- We don't need a foreman Why I think that "Software teams should have a foreman" is fundamentally flawed. One of my most-shared and most-discussed articles.
- Competition, Bonuses, Wasted Resources and Cheating Bonuses and KPIs are toxic if you want to have teamwork, creativity and employees who act on their own initiative.
- Original Scope On Time On Budget - Whatever... If you want to become agile, you have to unlearn that "original scope, on time and on budget" means success.
- Agile Software Development Workshop A detailed report of a workshop about "Agile Software Development" I hosted for a client.
- Scrum... But? The term "Scrum-But" (i.e. companies that say they do Scrum but really don't) does more harm than good. See also ScrumBut... and the long run.
- A Spectrum Of Effort Estimates Different ways to estimate software development effort, with their pros and cons.
- Cheap plastic drills Give your team good tools (IDE, PC, Monitor, Desk, Chair, ...) to work with - Even if they are expensive!
You can save a lot of money by improving the effectiveness of your teams. A professional coach can help you with that.
Want Me to Personally Help You?
I can help your teams to become more “agile”. That is, I help them to become more efficient and effective in developing software. Here is a variety of services I provide, please choose the one that suits you best right now:
I help you to find problems and opportunities for improvement. We brainstorm solutions.
I work with your team on a regular basis, helping them to become more effective themselves.
I teach your team the skills and techniques required to become more effective.
I work with your team on a regular basis, and I take part in the journey of the team to become more effective.
Next Step: Book Free Skype Consulting
Now we should find out if working together would make sense for us. I want to talk to you about what I can do for you. I would like to have a 30 minute Hangout or Skype call with you, where we can talk about what you need and how I can help you.
...Or Start With A Question:
You are not sure yet whether you want to work with me or if I can help you? Start with asking a question. Any question, really…